My blog

********************

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The final letting go

Well, let's pray this is the letting go for good. I found out last night that he bought a house a year ago. He didn't say anything about it to me at all. If I was a friend, wouldn't he have said something? I really feel like the Lord has been telling me to cut off our friendship. He's only cordial to me, and he said that he doesn't consider me a good friend. That hurt. But you can't control how someone else feels, and he feels that way. I know the Lord orchestrated this because I woke up at 3 a.m. last night and felt a prompting to find John's address on the internet. I found it, googled the address, saw pictures of the house and saw that it was sold in October of 2011. The funny thing is that I asked him where he lived a few months ago. He said St. Paul, but he also added something about his sister losing her house and some other things that weren't making sense. Well, now I know the truth, and I know it was from the Lord. I did say to him that I thought he should have friends that he trusts. I really do think that's important. I think he had reasons not to tell me, and I'm sure they are valid reasons in his head. I would never go to his house, but maybe he has other reasons. It's okay. I'm a little sad, but I'll be fine. I do trust the Lord, and I pray my sad feelings don't last too long. I wished him well and said no hard feelings. I already feel like Leslie doesn't think much of me, and he's just joining her. It's okay. My identity is in Jesus, not in their view of me. I am valued by the God who created the universe. That's enough. The Lord knows what I need, and I trust in Him.

No comments: